What are the latest sport news?
LIONEL MESSI DID A HISTORY IN ARGENTINA SIDE BY WINNING QATAR WORLD 2022.
◾ Lost 2007 Copa America final. ❌
◾ Lost 2014 World Cup final. ❌
◾ Lost 2015 Copa America final. ❌
◾ Lost 2016 Copa America final. ❌
- Decided to retire from Argentina national team after being heavily criticized by Argentina media, fans, pundits even though he was giving everything to win a trophy with Argentina. ❌
- After Argentina were struggling to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, he came back and scored a hat-trick against Ecuador in the last match to take his country to the World Cup. In the 2018 World Cup, he got knocked out by France in the Round of 16. ❌
- In 2019, he lost the Copa America semi final to Brazil. Shock after shock, heartbreak after heartbreak. But, he didn't give up. ❌
- In 2021, he won the Copa America as the top scorer, top assister and the best player of the tournament. ✅
- In 2022, he won the Finalissima trophy with 2 assists and man of the match award. ✅
- In 2022, he produced one of the greatest performances in World Cup history and carried his nation to World Cup glory. ✅
- Lionel Messi's comeback will be remembered as the greatest comeback in football history. ❤
- If there was any debate, if there was any doubt, it is now over. 🔥
The greatest football player in football's history. 🙌
Lionel Andres Messi 🇦🇷
ARGENTINA BEAT FRANCE THROUGH PENALTIES AFTER FULL TIME DRAWS , QATAR WORLD CUP 2022.
- On this National Day of the State of Qatar, the host of the 2022 World Cup, we have been treated to a spectacular and iconic 2022 World Cup final match between Argentina and France.
What a match!
- The emotive game saw fingers crossed across the world. But, as is the essence of all sports, a best among equals had to be found. And, Argentina beat France 4-2 on penalty kicks after a thrilling 3-3 draw.
Wear your three stars with pride!
Bill, pay your bill!
- I want to join the rest of the world in congratulating the Argentina National Football Team, Captained by Lionel Messi, for winning the 2022 World Cup tournament.
ARGENTINOS FANS BREAKTHROUGH CELEBRATIONS IN LUSAIL STADIUM FOR QATAR WORLD CUP 2022 FOR FINALLY.
- More than 50,000 Argentines will be present for the World Cup final on Sunday.🔥
- 4,000 blue white balloons, 6,000 flags, 2,000 scarves, etc. There’s no precedent for something like this in the FIFA World Cup finals history.😳
- Argentina will be local in Lusail stadium.🇦🇷
FRANCE TO THE FINAL WORLD CUP, QATAR 2022 AFTER SUCCESSFULLY BEAT MOROCCO.
- Sad day for Africans😢 as Morocco bows out of the FIFA World Cup after a 2️⃣-0️⃣ defeat to France🇫🇷
- France to face Argentina in the Finals on Sunday! 🇦🇷 🇫🇷
FULL TIME:- ARGENTINA 3 : 0 CROATIA.
- Argentina are through to the 2022 World Cup final🔥🔥
- Magical Messi & Clinical Alvarez ⚽️
What a DUO...🔥
- At times, it looked like he was struggling. But then suddenly, in typical Messi-fashion, he would burst into life with a mazy run or a burst of pace.
- And then on the half hour mark, Julian Alvarez was brought down by in-form goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic. Messi stepped up, took a deep breath and fired past Livakovic.
- Argentina 3 - 0 Croatia
FULL TIME: MOROCCO 1 : 0 PORTUGAL .
- Morocco makes history, becomes the first African nation to qualify for the FIFA World Cup semi-finals.
- A single goal from Youssef En-Nesyri was enough to help Morocco make history.
MOROCCO TOWARDS WORLD CUP QUARTERFINALS, QATAR CUP 2022.
- Morocco have conceded just ONE goal through 4 World Cup matches and are now headed to their FIRST EVER World Cup quarterfinal 🇲🇦
- They drew Croatia and defeated both Belgium and Spain in the process 😮
CAMEROON COACH RIGOBERT SONG
Cameroon coach Rigobert Song: "If Senegal manages to qualify, why not Cameroon."
Group G standings:
1️⃣ 🇧🇷 Brazil | 6 pts | +3 | Q✅
2️⃣ 🇨🇭 Switzerland | 3 pts | +/-0
3️⃣ 🇨🇲 Cameroon | 1 pts | -1
4️⃣ 🇷🇸 Serbia | 1 pt | -2
Via Game Yetu
🚩 World Cup Round of 16:
🇧🇷 Brazil - South Korea 🇰🇷
🇵🇹 Portugal - Switzerland 🇨🇭
🇯🇵 Japan - Croatia 🇭🇷
🇪🇸 Spain - Morocco 🇲🇦
🇦🇷 Argentina - Australia 🇦🇺
🇫🇷 France - Poland 🇵🇱
🏴 England - Senegal 🇸🇳
🇳🇱 Netherlands - USA 🇺🇸
CAMEROON IN HISTORY BEATING BRAZIL
- 21-year-old Cameroonian footballer gives women across the world sleepless nights after stripping naked to celebrate a goal against Brazil…
- Cameroon becomes the first African Country to beat Brazil in World Cup
FULL TIME: CAMERON 1 : 0 BRAZIL
- Cameroon is out of the World Cup despite humbling Brazil.
- Vincent Aboubakar scored the lone goal that gave Cameroon 3 crucial points, but that wasn't enough to take them to the round of 16.
- Aboubakar was sent off the pitch for removing his shirt while celebrating his goal. He had picked a yellow card earlier in the match.
IRAN BEATEN BY ENGLAND
- England's 6-2 win against Iran must be placed in the context of just how poor the opposition was, Carlos Queiroz's side not giving the merest hint of how they recently found their way into the top 20 in Fifa's world rankings.
- This should not, however, detract from a wonderful day for 21-year-old Saka, whose last appearance in a major international tournament was so cruel, the decisive miss in the shoot-out as England lost the Euro 2020 final to Italy in July 2021 bringing first tears then racist abuse.
- Saka has done so much since, particularly in playing a leading role in taking Arsenal to the top of the Premier League this season, that he is not exactly in need of redemption but it was a special moment to see this rare talent experiencing such joy on the global stage after his Wembley despair.
IRAN'S PLAYERS REFUSED TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.
It was impossible to escape the symbolic gestures in the game. All of Iran's players refused to sing the national anthem as it sounded across the Khalifa International Stadium.
- A fan I spoke to was in tears as he heard it in the stands. "For my people…" he told me, his voice breaking. "They're killing my people."
- Cheers for the Iranian side were loud and relentless. "Iran. Iran" sounded with the beat of a drum, adorned with the colours, the name and map of the country painted on it.
Women, with their hair fully on display were wrapped with the Iranian flag, screamed every time their team got close to the net. It was a lively football game, but it was much more than that.
- In the sea of Iranian and English flags, a woman stood with a small poster saying "Woman, Life, Freedom" in solidarity with the protesters back in her home country. She didn't want to show her face or share her name, but she did want her message to get across.
QATAR FANS IN PRAYERS AFTER ECUADOR SCORES 2 NILL GOALS . WORLD CUP.
Qatar could have conceded their first World Cup goal when Enner Valencia headed in from close range, but they were given a reprieve by an offside call spotted by the video assistant referee.
- Things didn't improve though as ex-West Ham forward Valencia scored from the penalty spot and added a header for a 2-0 half-time lead.
- While the Ecuadorians were enjoying their day out, the home supporters dressed in their traditional thobes and abayas were largely sitting in silence, but for a pocket of fans dressed in maroon shirts behind the goal.
- Many of those who left their seats at half-time did not return, leaving the stadium half empty for most of the second period.
- It contributed to a flat atmosphere which produced just one shot on target in the second half.
STEVE BRUCE'S GOAL
- Steve Bruce's Sunderland came flying out of the blocks. Andy Reid flashed a shot wide inside two minutes and with five minutes on the clock they were 1-0 up.
- Bent was the scorer. No surprise there. But this was no ordinary goal.
- Sunderland's opener was assisted by a Liverpool-branded beach ball. It had been thrown onto the pitch by an away fan and blown by the wind into the Reds' penalty area.
Bent remembers how the drama unfolded clearly.